Bridges are dental restorations used to replace one or more missing teeth. If you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth in a row, our skilled dentist may recommend a dental bridge. In order to support the artificial replacement tooth, which is called a pontic, two dental crowns are placed on the teeth neighboring the gap. This ensures that your restoration is strong and stable. Dental bridges are custom made to fit your smile and to look like your natural teeth. A dental bridge can improve your smile by:
- Restoring your ability to speak, eat, and chew as usual
- Replacing a removable partial denture
- Improving your facial shape and volume
- Preventing the remaining teeth from shifting into the space left by the missing teeth
- Relieving uneven stress on the bite
Dental bridges can be created from a number of materials. Our experienced dentist, Dr. Tyler Carlson, may suggest a bridge made from porcelain and other tooth-colored materials to give you a natural-looking smile. Your custom dental bridge in Rock Springs, Wyoming can be placed in just two visits to our office. For more information on how a bridge can improve your smile, we welcome you to contact us at White Mountain Dental. We are eager to restore your smile!